Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Player Profile: Sir-Tay Jackson

HOMETOWN: Mamaroneck, NY

HIGH SCHOOL: New Rochelle High School

IN HIGH SCHOOL: I was a slacker but I was always working diligently- when it came down to it I got things done

HEARD ABOUT BA: My cousin Maurice Murray ‘04

GOALS AT BA: To finish with a 3.0 or higher and become a DI student-athlete

BA IS DIFFERENT THAN HIGH SCHOOL: The faculty and staff are more willing to reach out a hand and help you

BEST THING ABOUT BA: Mrs. Katz

WORST THING ABOUT BA: there is not enough study hall time

ACTIVITIES AT BA: football, work study

OUTSIDE OF BA: I help my mom with her doll houses, I work out, and I play NCAA football

ROLE MODEL: My mother, my sister, my girlfriend’s mother, and Coach Dube

FAVORITE BOOK: The Alchemist

FAVORITE MOVIES: Friday Night Lights, the Pursuit of Happyness, Hitch, The Harry Potter Series, and the Gremlins

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: The Mets

FAVORITE ATHLETE: Deion Sanders

FAVORITE MUSIC: Lil Wayne

FAVORITE MEAL: Crab legs with butter

FAVORITE QUOTE: “Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right? You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.” –Chris Gardener

MY FRIENDS WOULD BE SURPRISED TO KNOW: I make doll houses with my mom

BA PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS SHOULD KNOW: You came here to pursue a dream so go after it and accomplish it no matter what anybody says…. and work hard!

No comments: