Friday, September 12, 2008

Player Profiles by Player/Blogger Nadjee Harrington


Nadjee Harrington
of Lawrence, MA, is helping out with the Wolverine Football Blog by bringing player profiles and soon some longer stories. Nadjee is a wide receiver her at Bridgton. Thank you to Nadjee for bringing us these profiles.



Robbie Carbonne
Hometown: Cranston, RI
Height: 6’0
Weight: 195
Age: 18
Position: Free Safety

How did you hear about Bridgton Academy?
One of my cousins came here

What do you hope to get out of this year at BA?-both academically and athletically?
Graduate with a higher GPA than a 3.0 and play football in college
Who are your role models?
Father and Tom Brady

What do you hope to be doing five years from now? Ten years from now?
Being in college getting my Masters, then becoming a sports broadcaster

What does it mean to be a Wolverine?
To be part of a brotherhood

What are you most looking forward this year?

To graduate and excel in sports
Favorite class?
Intro. Communications

Least favorite class?
Algebra 2

Favorite sports team?
New England Patriots

Strengths and weakness in the class and on the field?

Writing and running, and I reading and my size

Favorite sports memory?

Scoring a touchdown when I was younger to win the championship game




Giovanni Clayborne
Height: 6’0
Weight: 190
Age: 19
Hometown: San Jose, CA
Position: OLB

How did you hear about Bridgton Academy?
Heard it through one of my friends who played lacrosse and football.

What do you hope to get out of this year at BA- both academically and athletically?
Feel prepared for college, being successful, and push myself to the limit skill wise.

Who are your role models?

Mom, mostly because she’s a hard worker and brought me up right

What do you hope to be doing in five year from today? Ten years from today?
Being a successful in business management, then later enjoying my life retired.

What does it mean to be a Wolverine?

Meeting new people and learning stuff about becoming a man. Also, sports is big in being a Wolverine because I can’t get enough of it.

Favorite class?
English

Least favorite class?

Math

Favorite sports team?

Oakland Raider

Strengths and weakness in the class and on the field
In the classroom, my strength is my eagerness to learn, but my weakness is time management. On the field, my speed is my strength, but my size is my weakness.

Favorite sports memory?

When I started in the Super Bowl, my sophomore year at defensive end.





Buddy Leathley
Height: 6’0
Weight: 175
Age: 18
Position: QB
Hometown: Syracuse, NY

How did you hear about Bridgton Academy?

Through George Deleone,, former offensive coordinator for Temple University

What do you hope to get out of this year at BA- both athletically and academically?
Better grasp of how to be a student athlete

Who are your role models?
Parents

What do you hope to be doing five years from now? Ten years from now?
Playing football somewhere and later doing something I want to do and have a couple of kids (laughs)

What does it mean to be a Wolverine?

Means understanding how to be a good student and athlete and how equally important they are

What are you looking forward to this year?

Going undefeated in football

Favorite class?
World War 2

Least favorite class?

SAT Prep

Favorite sports team?
Philadelphia Eagles and the Boston Red Sox

Strengths and weaknesses in the class and on the field?

On the field, my arm, my feet and my athletic ability are my strengths, but my weaknesses are the many, that’s why I’m here to fix them.

Favorite sports memory?
Beating CBA in high school

No comments: