Friday, October 3, 2008

Player Profile- R.J. Kelly



R.J. Kelly
Height: 6’4
Weight: 215
Age: 18
D.O.B.: 11/3/89
Hometown: East Lansing, Michigan
Position: DE

WF- How did you hear about Bridgton Academy?
RK- A coach from Colgate had recommended it to my dad who became interested and looked into it.

WF- What do you hope to get out of your year at BA- both athletically as well as academically?
RK- Academically I'm trying to get my test scores up and learn how to study better. As an athlete I'm hoping to go play at a Division 1 school.

WF- Who are your role models?
RK- Probably my dads friend Mark Chaurella because he was a 3 time wrestling champion at the University of Michigan and is now a successful business man. He also has consistently been telling me what it takes to be a successful person in life.

WF- What do you want to be doing five years from now? Ten years from now?
RK- In 5 years I see myself as a senior playing college football, but 10 years from now is a long time and I don't look that far into life yet.

WF- What does it mean to be a Wolverine?
RK- To be a Wolverine is to be determined, and to be a part of a special brotherhood.

WF- What are you looking forward to this year?
RK- This year I'm really looking forward to finding out where I'll be going next year.

WF- What is your most favorite class?
RK- English and Intro to Communications.

WF- What is your least favorite class?
RK- I don't have a least favorite class, but I hate study hall (chuckles)

WF- What is your favorite sports team?
RK- Any team that is #1 in college football that year is usually who I go for.

WF- What are your strengths and weaknesses as a Student-Athlete?
RK- As a student my strength comes in my writing, and as an athlete my concentration and how I can be focused in game situations. But as a student my weaknesses include lack of effort, and as an athlete my weight.

WF- Who is your favorite athlete?
RK- Lawrence Taylor

WF- Do you have siblings that are involved in sports?
RK- My younger twin sisters skateboard.

WF- What is your favorite spots memory?
RK- It's pretty hard because I have two; one was when I dunked on Team Canada in a scrimmage with my high school basketball team, and the other was scoring a 71-yard touchdown as a tight end for my high school football team in a 1st round playoff game against our rival.

WF- Do you have any pre-game rituals?
RK- Before games I listen to the "Any Given Sunday" speech by Al Pacino, and Explosions in the Sky from "Friday Night Lights".

WF- What are some other sports and hobbies you are interested in?
RK- Listening to music, watching movies, and I played basketball for my high school team.

WF- Why didn't you go straight to college?
RK- I only applied to two colleges and I was wait listed by another. The schools I had applied to was Grand Valley and Central Michigan, there were a lot of kids applying and I had sent my application in late. But when I heard about what BA has to offer, I decided to come here to further my football career.

WF- Do you have a quote you try and live by?
RK- "Impossible is Nothing"

WF- Do you have any regrets about coming to BA?
RK- Sometimes, but I know this is the place where I need to be, so I tend not to focus on them. In the beginning, I was homesick, but overtime I'm sure that will go away.

WF- What is your favorite dish here at BA?
RK- Country Fried Steak, mmmhmm.

WF- What colleges are you interested in looking into?
RK- Right now, Central Michigan and Grand Valley State are of interest.

Profile compiled by Student Athlete- Nadjee Harigan Lawrence,MA), who also plays WR for the Wolverines.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Article, adalah engkau. thanks for your article. :)